Novels That Rock

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday Night Teaser


In case you follow both of my blogs, just know the teases aren't always the same. The tease on Sunday's Elle Chadou blog won't be the same as the one I am about to post here. Enjoy!


Excerpt:

“I noticed Syd still isn’t speaking to you. Do you know she shared a suite with Seth and I last night? Thank God there is a sitting room because she passed out on one sofa and I passed out on the other. I couldn’t sleep with Seth, not when he was out cold due to a dose of hillbilly heroin. I could kill that fucker.”
“You can always leave, you know. I can call up Dominic and get you two separate suites if you like.”
Talia eyed the cigarette he was smoking with unfulfilled wanting before she focused on his gaze again. “That’s all right. It will be just an extra expense and besides, if it ever got that bad, I would just shack up with Misty and Keren. They’re decent enough…for biker chicks.”
Kaz took mercy on Talia and offered her his cigarette which she snatched quickly and took a long drag before she inhaled and exhaled slowly. “I almost forgot what these tasted like. I have been smoke-free for almost two years and now look what my boyfriend has reduced me to but…it’s like that song. I can’t break free from him and I hate it but at the same time, if he was so unbearable, couldn’t I just cut loose of him?”
“No, because love doesn’t work that way and we both know it…don’t we, Kasper?”
Both Kaz and Talia turned to see Syd standing there with her camera still in her hands.
“Do you mind if I take this?” Talia inquired as she held up Kaz’s cigarette.
“Nope.”
“Cool, we’ll chat later.” She walked off quickly and soon it was just him and Syd, face to face.
“Listen, I know I fucked up last night—”
“Why are you blaming yourself when it is my problem?” she questioned in a bitter tone. “I’m the one who can’t accept you aren’t ready to be serious about me and it just scares me because I don’t want to lose you. You don’t have to be with me—hell, Talia was drooling over your every word and she’s a good person but anyone with half a brain can see she is looking for an out. She doesn’t really want to be with Seth but at the moment, she doesn’t have a choice.”
Syd walked closer until they were less than five feet from one another. “I don’t want to lose you, Kaz. It’s not worth it and I can deal with your problems but you need to let me in and stop shutting me out because you think I will just fall apart and not be able to take what you can dish out.
“I’m not a child. I entered this relationship with my eyes open and I knew what I would have to face. Please don’t do this to me and don’t try to minimize what we have. I love you and I know you love me too but if you can’t say it then I can deal with that and I won’t ever push you to say anything before you’re ready. Are you feeling me?”
He pulled her into an embrace and held her tightly. “Yeah, I’m feeling you. But…the only thing is I do love you, Sydney. I love you so much and I don’t want to lose you over words I was too much of a coward to say. Do you forgive me?”
She smiled into his eyes and his heart melted. Everything he’d planned with his head had all been forgotten about because his dick was now firmly in charge.
Kaz knew her game and yet, he still couldn’t bring himself to care. This chick had him utterly and thoroughly pussy-whipped; if that weren’t bad enough, she had him heart-whipped too because he couldn’t think about being with anyone but her and to a man like him, that was not only a scary thought but one, which made him wonder if he’d ever had control over this particular situation?

To Be Continued...

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment